The Rhode Island Rebellion is a member of the USA Rugby League (USARL) which is the source for high-level, semi-professional Rugby League competition in the USA.
The Rhode Island Rebellion recognizes its mission to serve club members, the State of Rhode Island and the Country. Its dual focus is to provide an opportunity for interested persons to participate in organized activities to achieve their maximum athletic and skillful potential in Rugby League, and to provide Rhode Islanders with an Exciting Team to become apart of. The Rebellion seek to develop a comprehensive youth flag rugby league program throughout the State, CAUSING A REBELLION AGAINST at risk behavior such as gang membership, violence and criminal activity and obesity while promoting healthy lifestyles. Rugby League is a sport that is truly team in nature, which organically develops core values on and off the field.
Provide a well structured and attractive option to motivate spirited participation, triumphant achievements and dynamic development. The Rebellion are dedicated to the introducing the youth of Rhode Island to the sport of Rugby League, weather its through Schools or Summer Camps, this is a top priority of the Club.
Through participation in training and competitive activities, the Club hopes its players will achieve:
- An appreciation for the benefits of hard work;
- Motivation and perseverance in both winning and losing;
- A sense of team loyalty and the ability to work as a team;
- A feeling of pride in accomplishment through fair and honest means;
- An appreciation for cultural diversity, sport development and continuous learning;
- A sense of good sportsmanship, a high level of personal integrity and ethical conduct.